can't select multiple prefixes

moshbit

Reactions
The released version of 1.1.2 has a bugfix where inline moderation was being incorrectly supported causing a javascript when loading a tab. Inline moderation is now disabled, until I can figure out how to get it working properly.

i haven't had any server errors since updating the plugin, but the multi prefix plugin ceased working today as well. i don't know if it's related but that's the only change i've made in the past few hours (when the plugin stopped working).

@moshbit this forum is using the latest version of multi-prefixes and the User Profile - Profile Tabs add-on, and it appears to be working. Can you describe how it isn't working as expected?

@moshbit this forum is using the latest version of multi-prefixes and the User Profile - Profile Tabs add-on, and it appears to be working. Can you describe how it isn't working as expected?

sure, i was able to add more than one prefix a few hours ago, but now i can only select one for each thread. also, i can only pick one thread prefix when editing a thread that previously had two prefixes.

@moshbit can you try clearing your browser cache?

I've seen browsers (especially firefox) damage cached javascript resulting in XenForo sites becoming wierdly broken.

Note; XenForo 1.5.8 actually changes it's cache busting string when you install add-ons. This would explain why it just happened, as it gives the browser a fresh chance to mess up.

Last edited:
This isn't an issue with the browser cache, I have caching disabled in my browser for security reasons and I'm experiencing the same bug. I don't think it's a cache issue unfortunately. By chance I've tested it in both Firefox and Chromium, same issue in both browsers.

<-- Also from StP

Another thing, if we disable the multi prefix plugin, prefixes work as expected. When it's enabled, the prefixes on threads cannot be altered - if I try to change the single prefix, the prefix is entirely removed.

Last edited:
Another thing, if we disable the multi prefix plugin, prefixes work as expected. When it's enabled, the prefixes on threads cannot be altered - if I try to change the single prefix, the prefix is entirely removed.

@zim i'm not having that issue. if i edit a thread or create a new one, i can only select one prefix. when i click save, that prefix is saved correctly.

@moshbit can you try clearing your browser cache?

I've seen browsers (especially firefox) damage cached javascript resulting in XenForo sites becoming wierdly broken.

Note; XenForo 1.5.8 actually changes it's cache busting string when you install add-ons. This would explain why it just happened, as it gives the browser a fresh chance to mess up.

unfortunately i'm still having the same issue after clearing the cache. if it helps, i have an admin account i can give you the login for if you want to take a look.

@zim i'm not having that issue. if i edit a thread or create a new one, i can only select one prefix. when i click save, that prefix is saved correctly.

unfortunately i'm still having the same issue after clearing the cache. if it helps, i have an admin account i can give you the login for if you want to take a look.

Strange. I was having that issue in Firefox and my first instinct was to switch over to my unmodified/no addons Chromium, and I had the same issue there too. After I disabled multi prefix the prefixes that disappeared were restored, and when I re-enabled multi prefix and tried changing them again the prefix was removed from the thread again. I tried changing it on my phone and the same thing happened.

This almost sounds like a templating/javascript issue. Has any theme related things changed?

Are you using DeferJS?

@zim

It looks like this is a known bug in Mulit Prefix 1.4.6 (the version you have installed). v1.4.8 fixes it and updates compatibility with User Profile - Profile Tabs.

@moshbit I'm not 100% sure if the problem is the same as the one @zim is encountering, but if you upgrade to 1.4.8 this would at least help rule it out.

okay, i just upgraded to multi prefix 1.4.9, and i'm still unable to select multiple prefixes.

This almost sounds like a templating/javascript issue. Has any theme related things changed?

Are you using DeferJS?

not sure about DeferJS, but there was a update to our theme from version 1.5.7.0 to 1.5.8.0. We're using the UI.X Dark theme at Audentio Design. That's the only theme change we've had in several months, but after the upgrade was when this problem started :)

Last edited:
okay, i just upgraded to multi prefix 1.4.9, and i'm still unable to select multiple prefixes.
Well that fixes the issue @zim was having :p

not sure about DeferJS, but there was a update to our theme from version 1.5.7.0 to 1.5.8.0. We're using the UI.X Dark theme at Audentio Design. That's the only theme change we've had in several months, but after the upgrade was when this problem started :)
Yes, UI.X does some large changes. All the template modifications look like they are working, I'll need to inspect the theme's add-on component to see what it is doing.

This is definitely a UI.X incompatibility, they are replacing the same javascript function that multi-prefix requires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back