disables search for multiple tags

rebelde

Thanks for the ES Essentials! I've been wanting the ability to search for a tag + text for quite a while!

With ES Essentials disabled, I can search for two tags using tag search.
With ES Essentials enabled, the search fails and it says "Please specify a search query or the name of a member."
I get the same error message if I search for a single tag in "Search threads".

Expected result:
That the search finds the thread, like it does when ES Essentials is disabled.

Possibly important:
- Tag Essentials 2.1.2 also installed
- I haven't rebuilt the search indexes (yet). I have modified my ES configuration to use the analysis-icu tokenizer for better accent-insensitive search

Cheers!

Can you screenshot which search UI you are using? And please do rebuild the search index, a pile of stuff doesn't work as expected if that isn't done.

@rebelde
As a workaround can you install;

The "allow empty search" option is required at the moment.

I will reindex this weekend.

OK, so now today I tested it and I get "No results found" for "search tags", which is the same as I get when ES Essentials is disabled. Hmm.
1588255898809.png

A search for a single tag here still shows "Please specify a search query or the name of a member."
1588256603085.png

And here is the thread with the two tags:
1588256308377.png

Anyway, feel free to ignore this till after I have reindexed.

Attachments

• 1588255852615.png
    1588255852615.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 68
I will reindex this weekend.

OK, so now today I tested it and I get "No results found" for "search tags", which is the same as I get when ES Essentials is disabled. Hmm.
View attachment 5632
The search tags form does work with multiple tags. Re-index will probably fix this.

A search for a single tag here still shows "Please specify a search query or the name of a member."
View attachment 5638

And here is the thread with the two tags:
View attachment 5635

Anyway, feel free to ignore this till after I have reindexed.
Install my free add-on; Search Improvements;

After re-indexing with that add-on installed tag search should work as expected.

OK, I've got both installed. Nice work, BTW. The autocomplete is great and well-done.

You marked this bug as "confirmed", so you might already know this.

Search tags > for two tags > "No results found" when I know there exists a thread with both tags.
Search threads > for one tag > works now.
Search threads > for two tags > "No results found"

Minor quibble: Search threads > for one tag: shows "Search results for query: *". It does not list the tags.

Search tags log entry:
JSON:
{"sort":[{"date":"desc"}],"docvalue_fields":["discussion_id","user","date"],"_source":false,"size":"2000","query":{"bool":{"filter":[{"bool":{"filter":[{"term":{"tag":1}},{"term":{"tag":1747}}]}},{"bool":{"should":[{"bool":{"filter":[{"term":{"type":"page"}}]}},{"bool":{"filter":[{"terms":{"type":["post","thread"]}}]}}],"minimum_should_match":1}}],"must_not":[{"exists":{"field":"hidden"}}]}}}

Search threads for two tags log entry:
JSON:
{"suggest":{"text":"*","simple_phrase":{"phrase":{"field":"title","analyzer":"standard","size":"5","real_word_error_likelihood":"0.95","max_errors":0.5,"gram_size":2,"direct_generator":[{"field":"title","suggest_mode":"popular","min_word_length":"5","max_term_freq":0.65}],"highlight":{"pre_tag":"<span style=\"font-style:italic\">","post_tag":"<\/span>"}}}}}

Let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.

Thanks

I retested things just now and everything seems to be working. (With both extensions enabled.) I'm not sure what happened... I probably screwed up my searches last time.

Search tags > for two tags > "No results found" when I know there exists a thread with both tags.
Search threads > for one tag > works now.
Search threads > for two tags > "No results found"
These all work fine now.
Minor quibble: Search threads > for one tag: shows "Search results for query: *". It does not list the tags.
This is my only remaining complaint, and it isn't much of a complaint.

Cheers and thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back