Do you use Daniel Hood's addons? Read me first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xon

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
As some of you might know, we (Perihelion Media Works Ltd.) have taken over the add-ons that used to be coded and maintained by Daniel Hood, and are going to be selling and maintaining them through this site - Atelier Aphelion.

If you currently use one of those add-ons, don't despair: we've got you covered.

If you have a current license, we've created an automatic registration process. This will transition your license to our system and give you access to updates, bugfixes, and downloads just like you had before.

In addition, when you register, we'll extend your license an additional 30 days past when it was originally going to expire - just our way to say "thanks" for being a customer.

It's a pretty simple process.

Under your account, validate your XenForo Licence here
xf_licence.png

On the product page of each item, there is a claim button:
upload_2016-5-26_23-54-42.png

Clicking that will bring up an overlay like this:
upload_2016-5-26_23-55-16.png

The details requested here will come from the order confirmation email that should have been received for the original purchase. It will look something like:
upload_2016-5-26_23-58-49.png

NOTE: Registering a license creates it in our database, and can only be done once per original license.

Last edited:
Successfully claimed.
I originally purchased Conversation Essentials from Syndol but found my first Daniel invoice under my license section at xenmods (your orders)

Thanks, all claimed successfully. My S&U were expired at the time for both my licenses since one is no longer in use and the second hasn't had any updates since I brought it. Talking about updates, do you need us to re-post suggestions?

Successfully claimed all 11 licenses.. Some active, some expired from lack of support in the past.. Excited to see those bug fixes finally really happen! There has been so much negativity in the xenForo community as of late.. Great to finally see something positive happening!

With my 5, I claimed them - but it didn't add the extra days. Is there some criteria I haven't ticked off? :)

You need a valid licence to download from the Xen Product Manager, it should have been the case on XenMods too.

At XenMods I can download the older versions. I know different developers do it different ways, but Daniel let expired license holders download the releases that came out while the license was active.

The only reason I ask was I was needing to download one of the add ons (even though it isn't the most up to date version).

If I should log back into Daniel's site and do it, let me know if you are doing things differently. :)

At XenMods I can download the older versions. I know different developers do it different ways, but Daniel let expired license holders download the releases that came out while the license was active.

The only reason I ask was I was needing to download one of the add ons (even though it isn't the most up to date version).

If I should log back into Daniel's site and do it, let me know if you are doing things differently. :)
XenMods website is still up if you need the old versions and I'll need to look into the configuration, but will likely leave it as-is for the immediate future.

Personally, I'd like to hope that when I originally brought the licenses, I acquired them as "owned with 1 year S&U included", I'd be able to access previous versions without having to have an active S&U license. While I can understand that is somewhat hard right now, hopefully when I renew my S&U when some new updates are released, I'll be able to continue to access these versions without having to continuously pay the full price for access every year :rolleyes:

The renewal cost isn't the full add-on cost, and you get to renew an expired licence at the discounted price whenever you want after it is expired instead of buying it at the full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back