Email text is missing from digest mail.

Alpha1

Reactions
template: xm_watchedthreadsdigest_unread_watched_threads_email_text

text:
{username},

You have unread watched threads. You can view them here: {link}.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

{board_link}

Yet, in the email there is no such text. Instead of introducing and explaining why the user is receiving our email, it only has a bunch of links. This seems to be a bug. I think its important to have such explanatory text to avoid users marking it as spam.

Within an hour of running the digest addon for the first time, I received a number of email abuse reports from the Yahoo Feedback Loop about these digest emails.
This happens when Yahoo users report the email as spam.

template: xm_watchedthreadsdigest_unread_watched_threads_email_text

text:

Yet, in the email there is no such text. Instead of introducing and explaining why the user is receiving our email, it only has a bunch of links. This seems to be a bug. I think its important to have such explanatory text to avoid users marking it as spam.
Check the HTML layout + phrases, it might need some updating.

Within an hour of running the digest addon for the first time, I received a number of email abuse reports from the Yahoo Feedback Loop about these digest emails.
This happens when Yahoo users report the email as spam.
This is honestly hard to deal with when introducing new email notifications.

This is honestly hard to deal with when introducing new email notifications.
True, but I received various questions about what the purpose of the email was and why it was being sent.

I think its a combination of the into text not being present, the text all being the same size, weird wording, no footer.
Check the HTML layout + phrases
Where in xf do I find the html layout?

Would this work?

Code:
<p style="margin-top: 0">Dear {$receiver_username},

The following threads that you have subscribed to have new replies:</p>

<h2 style="font-size: 18pt; font-weight: normal; margin: 10px 0"><a href="{xen:link 'canonical:watched/threads'}" style="color: #176093; text-decoration: none">{xen:phrase unread_watched_threads}</a></h2>

<hr style="height: 1px; margin: 20px 0 10px; border: 0; color: #D7EDFC; background-color: #D7EDFC" />

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="margin: 10px 0 20px; width: 100%; table-layout: fixed;">
<tr valign="top">
    <td style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.231; padding-{xen:if $emailIsRtl, left, right}: 20px">
        <div>
            <div class="section">
                <ul>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$threads" value="$thread" key="$key">
                        <li style="list-style: none;border-bottom:1px solid #D7EDFC;padding: 5px;">
                            <a href="{xen:link 'canonical:threads/unread', $thread}" style="text-decoration:none;">{$thread.title}</a><br />
                            <a href="{xen:link 'canonical:members', $thread.lastPostInfo}" style="color:#b3b3b3;text-decoration:none;">{$thread.lastPostInfo.username}</a><span class="startDate">,
                            <a href="{xen:link 'canonical:posts', $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="Last post by {xen:phrase go_to_last_message}" style="color: #b3b3b3;font-size: 10px;text-decoration:none;"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a>,
                            <a href="{xen:link 'canonical:threads/watch-confirm', $thread}" style="color: #b3b3b3;font-size: 10px;text-decoration:none;">Unsubscribe from this thread</a>
                        </li>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </ul>
            </div>
        </div>
    </td>
</tr>
</table>

<table cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" style="margin: 20px 0; background-color: #f0f7fc; border-top: 1px solid #d7edfc">
<tr>
    <td>
        <a href="{xen:link 'canonical:watched/threads/all'}" style="
            display: block;
            float: {xen:if $emailIsRtl, right, left};
            padding: 5px 10px;
            background-color: #65a5d1;
            border: none;
            border-radius: 3px;
            font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
            font-size: 11px;
            color: white;
            text-decoration: none">{xen:phrase show_all_watched_threads}</a>
    </td>
    <td align="{xen:if $emailIsRtl, left, right}">
        <a href="{xen:link 'canonical:account/contact-details'}" style="
            display: block;
            padding: 5px 0;
            font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
            font-size: 11px;
            color: #176093;
            text-decoration: none">{xen:phrase xm_watchedthreadsdigest_unsubscribe}</a>
    </td>
</tr>
</table>
Optimally it would also have a footer with the following text:
Code:
This message was sent to {email} from {board} because your preferences are set to receive email for watched threads. You can adjust your email settings <a href="{xen:link 'canonical:account/contact-details'}"here</a> or unsubscribe from all email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back