Error 500 upon install of Conversation Essentials with the current bugfix

SteelHyaena

Reactions
What it says on the tin. I installed Conversation Essentials, and now none of my members are able to get into their Conversations at all.

I need to error message from the AdminCP error log, I can move this to the 'private bug report forums' if you like.

I'ld recommend disabling the Conversation Essentials add-on until the troubleshooting is done.

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION - library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php:108
Generated By: Kyuuen, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError('SV_ConvEss_XenF...')
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "http://www.darkestdawn.black/index.php?conversations/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["conversations/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Um... I'm not sure, believe the lastest? Where do I look for that? Some of this is really new to me. This is the first site of this type that I have run.

The error suggests it is a fairly old version, likely php 5.3

There is a simple way to check, please report the php version when you browse to <your site>/admin.php?tools/phpinfo (replace <your site> with the URL of your site)

Conversation Essentials officially requires php 5.4, but I should be able to patch this.

Wow, that is really old. A lot of my add-ons may just fail if you attempt to use them.

Well... crap. No way to patch this? If not, I will need a refund. I'm willing to wait for a patch, though.
On XenForo.com, it is a listed requirement of php 5.4+

I've sent you a PM with a version which attempts to patch it, but this is not guarantied to work. In fact basically none of my add-ons are supported to work on php 5.2

Please be aware that most of my add-ons will refuse to install on php 5.2, and the ones which are missing the check will probably fail badly.

There's one spot it still does 500. I'll limp along with it as it is, because at the moment, it does function the way I need it to do. Looks like I gotta do some server shopping. UGH. I don't want to leave who I use! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back