minor css issue with UI.X Dark

moshbit

Reactions
Hey, I'm using multi prefix 1.8.7 with XF 1.5.16a and themehouse's UI.X Dark. This is just a minor issue but it seem that the prefix field bleeds over the sidebar in this theme like so:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018-02-04-13-47-47.png

it only seems to occur on firefox (chrome is fine). it seems maybe related to the "width: 121.6%" setting, since it aligns with the thread title box normally if i disable it.

anyways, i'm not sure where to locate that css or what template that would be in or how to edit it just to affect firefox :p

any help would be great, but take your time since it's a very minor issue.

The related templates are:
title_prefix_edit
title_prefix_edit.css
title_multiprefix_edit.css​

Weird bug, I blame the chosen UI bits, but that floating bit on the right is likely not helping.

You might need to constrain the width for the css selector:
Code:
#PrefixContainer_thread_create dd { }

MultiPrefix for XF2 is coming along well, but I've got a couple of other XF2 add-ons in the pipeline

MultiPrefix for XF2 is coming along well, but I've got a couple of other XF2 add-ons in the pipeline

looks like that might have been meant for someone else?

hey, i'm having this issue in other areas as well, under the 'thread tools > edit thread' menu when viewing a thread:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018-02-16-17-24-18.png

and it's that weird '121.6%' thing again. the css code you gave me doesn't seem to effect it. commenting out the html in firefox's inspector returns it to normal, but i'm not sure where to locate this code:

Code:
<div class="chosen-container chosen-container-multi textCtrl TitlePrefix" title="" id="ctrl_prefix_id_thread_edit___chosen" style="/*! width: 121.6%; */"><ul class="chosen-choices">
  <li class="search-choice"><span>Photos</span><a class="search-choice-close" data-option-array-index="6"></a></li><li class="search-field">
    <input class="chosen-search-input textCtrl" autocomplete="off" value="Choose a prefix..." style="width: 25px;" type="text">
  </li>
</ul>

That is chosen css magic & auto-generated html. Apply the class to the hidden select field and chosen will auto-pickup that css

I haven't been able to reproduce that on my stock-based theme, which is annoying as hell to try to reproduce this.

Apply the class to the hidden select field and chosen will auto-pickup that css

hmm, i'm not sure how to do that beyond what you already suggested above. if you wouldn't mind taking the time to look, I could give you an admin login/pass.

it's pretty low priority though, so take your time, this is pretty minor and only occuring on firefox as far as i can tell.

I'm not going to have time till early next week, since as you said it is fairly minor. Any css person can probably help with this, probably faster/better than I can!

@Xon i just wanted to follow up and let you know i threw it at someone on fiverr and they came up with this css that corrected the issue in firefox:

Code:
#ctrl_prefix_id_thread_create___chosen{
    width:100% !important;
}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back