Moderate Account if homepage is filled in

Alpha1

Reactions
One of the most effective way to catch spammers is to allow them to fill in their homepage. Spammers almost always fill in the home page field if you give them the opportunity. Then if its filled in then moderate the account.

There are 3 urls that would need to be ignored for this feature because members tend to fill this in:
google.com
facebook.com
yourdomain.com

I agree spammers attack the homepage field, so much I have removed it. Would be nice to bring back. Would this only moderate accounts if the user has 0-1 posts and they fill it in? I support this.

What I do for XF1 is let new users fill this in on registration. Those that do enter something get moderated. Those who do not enter anything in the field do not get moderated. It happens on signup, before any posting.

What I do for XF1 is let new users fill this in on registration. Those that do enter something get moderated. Those who do not enter anything in the field do not get moderated. It happens on signup, before any posting.
How do you achieve that? That's not in stock XF or in this addon right?

No, I have it in my Registration Essentials addon for XF1. I also had it on vb3 when I ran that.

Scheduled for the next major version, there is an existing "Link Spam checker" with accept/moderate/reject url lists which can be enhanced for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back