Moderator essentials suggestions

Sunka

Reactions
Couple of suggestions:
  • It will be nice if we could have like feature in reports (or better support for Post Ratings addon)
  • Chance to tag staff members in report comments
  • Feature to enable/disable thread notes per forum in node permission (now it only for all nodes or no one)
  • It is strange that you can create thread notes for automatically created threads from moderator action log item, it makes no sense
  • Make that automatically created links above first post in this 2 cases (Thread notes and discussion moderation log thread) open in new tab
  • If staff user just open thread notes, or discussion thread, and close it but not post any word, thread is still exist wth one post, but that post is empty post. Suggestion is that opening that thread will automatically put some text on the top of post, to avoid empty first posts.
  • Is it possible to make discuss link in moderator action log more visible, or some kind of button?
  • BBcode editor in reports comments
  • Is it possible to show directly beside name of warning, how much points will user get for that warning
  • When user editet post, after that on the bottom is "Last edited by:". There is no username after that. Phrase is not edited at all. So for some reason variable {name} is not parsed.
  • When some of Staff edit post, it is only show "Last edited by Moderator", any chance to show a moderator username, not just Moderator? So it will be Last edited by (moderator name or even just common users username if he is in group who can edit his own posts)?

Would love to see a staff only post insert into a post as well, like a spoiler but can only be read by staff. Like something like, [staff]message about this post to other staff here [/staff] and dosn't show edited by staff in the post date info after inserted.

Rather than create my own similar suggestion I'll expand on these
Feature to enable/disable thread notes per forum in node permission (now it only for all nodes or no one)
+1
It is strange that you can create thread notes for automatically created threads from moderator action log item, it makes no sense
I didn't even know you could do this, will have to check that out
If staff user just open thread notes, or discussion thread, and close it but not post any word, thread is still exist wth one post, but that post is empty post. Suggestion is that opening that thread will automatically put some text on the top of post, to avoid empty first posts.
My suggestion: make this an overlay that pops up which requires input before automatically creating the note. This does a few things: 1) avoids the fat-finger factor 2) avoids the "hey what's that thing" factor (which only needs to happen once) 3) allows for applying a Thread Prefix to the note.

The latter is something I toyed around with: if you set up a dedicated sub-forum for Thread Notes and then create a Thread Prefix and make it required and defaulted to a specifically created prefix, the automatically created thread bypasses this requirement completely. Making it an overlay function would allow the prefix to be forced.

Yep, I already using Report improvements :)
Just waiting with private conversation mod because I still do not know will it be compatible with conv ess and still confused with your last answer on that thread on xenforo forum regarding new version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back