Prefixes

Brian M

After recently installing this add on I see that the prefixes can only be created by the members

Its hard enough to get most members to use features without them having to do the ground work as well

There should be an option where the Admin can preset a series of prefixes ...... as with the 'thread prefixes'

thread prefixes.png

Also I see that the sender applys a prefix but the receiver doesnt see it at all in the message

Wouldnt that have to be the main purpose of the message having a prefix?

To advise the receiver of the purpose and/or the priority or the context of the message?

grey.png

Last edited:
Each user can only see their prefixes.

It is basically a very limited form of labelling which needs a spring cleaning.

But the main purpose of a label is so you can see whats in your inbox and see whats important , urgent or whateva?

The sender doesnt need to see that in his outbox ... they already know what the message is!

So Ive just spent $45US on an addon and the most useful feature is actually totally useless and only does 50% of what it should do

And I cant even set it up as I see fit and have to rely on users to do it.

Spring cant come soon enough

Frustratingly the receiver can add a prefix to a conversation. If they have the 'manage any conversation' permissions, which is useless for normal users.

I definitely agree this could be improved, but I'm extremely limited due to still working on updating other add-ons and other commitments.

Yea thats just awesome .... but i see your Paypal works to its fullest .... I bet that would be a commitment pretty quick if it wasnt.

Just keep flogging your useless products that you cant keep up to scratch and count your dollars at the end of the month...... oh if you have time that is .

Wouldnt that have to be the main purpose of the message having a prefix?

To advise the receiver of the purpose and/or the priority or the context of the message?
No. The purpose of conversation prefixes is to let users sort and/or filter their own conversations. That is why they create all their own prefixes and why other users cannot see them.

It may be that in the future, what you're suggesting will be added to the scope of that feature, or it may not; it depends on whether or not it's a particularly popular change and how much time and effort will be required to expand the scope of the feature to include it.

It's unfortunate that you feel the addon doesn't do what you would like it to do, and we appreciate your suggestions on how to improve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back