Similar Threads not showing for guests

nrep

Reactions
I've got ESE 3.0.0 b2 installed and working, but it doesn't appear to show similar threads for guests when viewing a thread. Permissions appear to be set correctly for guest users ([ESE] Use similar threads (View Thread) = YES).

This is related to overfetching not working as expected and the per-forum "limit similar threads results by" option not being respected.

Fixed in 3.0.0 Beta 3

Thanks for taking a look at this!

Unfortunately, similar threads have now disappeared for all users, unless I switch node settings for "Limit similar threads results by" to "all". Even then, it still only shows for logged in users, but not guests.

Unfortunately, similar threads have now disappeared for all users, unless I switch node settings for "Limit similar threads results by" to "all". Even then, it still only shows for logged in users, but not guests.
Can you show the unregistered usergroup permissions? Look for the [ESE] prefix.

I'll disable all other addons and see if it's something conflicting, as that seems like the most likely reason for this. I'll report back once I've done some testing.

Sure, here's the settings for guests:

Capture.PNG

I've disabled other addons but it still doesn't appear to work for guests, so I'm a bit puzzled. Is there any other info I can give to help troubleshoot?

If it works for members, but not guests what threads are being returned for members? Is it threads a guest should see?

I might need to adjust caching logic a bit.

Yep, guests should be able to see the threads ok. It worked fine in ESE on XF1.5 :). I'll do a test install on a fresh install and see if I can find anything that would help pinpoint the problem.

I've done a test on a clean install (just XF 2.1, EFE 3.0.0 b3 and ES installed) and I can confirm that the similar thread listings don't appear for guests, even with the correct permissions (i.e. they can view all threads and ESE permissions are enabled). They work fine for logged in users though.

I've found something interesting...