Some threads not showing any similar thread results

nrep

Reactions
On XF1.5 with ESE installed, nearly all of my threads had similar thread results. With XF2.1 and ESE 3.0.0b4 installed, most threads have similar thread results - but not nearly as many. Some threads don't show any similar thread results, even though I think there should be something it can show (and the cached page from XF1.5 shows similar thread results used to be there).

All of my nodes are set to show similar thread results from "all" forums, to maximise the possibility of finding something.

I'm not sure how I can go about troubleshooting this to help pinpoint the issue. Which other settings should I try tweaking to maximise the possibility of all threads finding a similar thread match? (stopwords, stemming, etc...).

@Deebs is also experiencing the same problem (https://atelieraphelion.com/threads/similar-threads-not-showing-for-guests.438/#post-1526)

Just to add to this issue I have rebuilt the index on the XF2 site and checked all the settings are the same across the XF1.5x and XF2 sites.

Can you provide some samples of threads titles (and tags!) which aren't finding matches which should?

I think I found the cause which was causing weird query behaviour, got some additional bugfixes in the pipeline before I release it

Example:

xf1 - Thread title : Game Bargains
Similar threads: play.com bargains
film bargains
strong bargains on play
the offcial "What gifts to get and bargains"

xf1 - Thread title: So...Europe then?