Support conversation redirect

Alpha1

Reactions
Often members message staff directly for trivial matters. On a big board this can become problematic. I used to get at least 50 such messages per day. Until I implemented a feature on vbulletin that showed the sender a message that they needed to confirm:

Please select the purpose of your message:
  1. Site support
  2. Account support
  3. New users support
  4. Personal message to Alfa1
If the user selects 1 then he is forwarded to the site support forum. If he selects 2 then he is forwarded to our helpdesk. If he selects 3 then he is forwarded to our newbie help social group. If he selects 4 then the message is sent to the staff member.

This simple approach has made a huge impact on staff workload. For example: it has reduced my support messages from 50+ a day to only 8 per day. This useful and essential feature is not yet available for xenforo.

I suggest a similar feature for moderator essentials or conversation essentials. Of course the admin should be able to enter message purposes and the related links. I suggest that when a user is forwarded to a link that they get a notice that informs the user of the forward:
You are being forwarded to the site questions forum, where you can submit your question. The community will help you with your request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back