Users Awaiting Moderation improvement

Alpha1

Reactions
The function Users Awaiting Moderation can use significant improvement: admin.php?users/moderated
The stock functionality is not suited for purpose. Its barely possible to moderate a large number of new users. I think anyone who has experienced a flood of spammers knows how difficult it is to have a large number of users in the moderation queue. Staff that moderate all new users have that difficulty all the time.

On my vbulletin big board I had the following functionality which worked very well. Please add this or part of this functionality to moderator essentials:
  1. Give moderators or super-moderators access to this Moderation queue.
  2. Implement a horizontal layout. 1 user per row.
  3. Highlight the row on hover
  4. Each row should show: user name, email, IP, do nothing, approve, reject, deferred.
  5. Reject or deferred should have preset and a custom reason.
  6. Hover over username should show profile field information. (admin configurable) This is particularly useful to identify spammers and trolls.
  7. If any of the fields or the username have undesirable content, then the registration can be deferred. This sends a message to the user with instructions what to change about his account and a link to where to change this. This removes the account from the moderation queue until the account has been edited. This function is specifically handy for users promoting their blog in their profile fields or usernames like buygunshere.
  8. Remind deferred users 3 times by email and if not fixed after some weeks then delete the account.
  9. Show an icon if the user has been identified as a multiple account. Link this to the multiple account detector report.
  10. Allow for whitelisting and blacklisting the email domain. For example by adding X and ✔ buttons next to the email address.
  11. If an email domain is not white- or black-listed then display the domain in red. Clicking on it should open a google search for the domain in a new browser tab. i.e. https://www.google.com/search?q=emaildomain.com
  12. Automatically approve users if criteria are met. (admin set)
The above would make many moderators and admins their life much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back