Signup abuse detection & blocking - Settings

Fatih

Hello, I have reviewed the addon settings but I am confused. I am not a professional in these matters. Do we need to change the default settings of the plugin? Or is it enough to leave it in the default settings?

The default setting should be useful.

Add an email address to the getipintel field, this service helps classify unknown IP/ASN/ISPs.

Then assign the permissions the addon has to your admin group and whoever does approval/rejection of user signups so they can use the "ban email provider" and "ban ASN/ISP" functions added to the approval queue.

The next major version will add those permissions by default, but I'm still working through other changes for it.

Last edited:
v1.15.0 has the vastly better defaults, which does the above changes I recommended.

The features blocking it's release where pushed to the next major version release

v1.15.0 has the vastly better defaults, which does the above changes I recommended.

The features blocking it's release where pushed to the next major version release
Thank you so much. There was some missing phrases in previous version. I will let you know to add those before next major release.

There are missing phrases.

1707407927991.png

1707407993963.png

1707408045004.png

And you have cross reference for other addons phrases I guess. So it is not shown properly or not accurate.
1707408248660.png

1707408402684.png

These will be phrased for the next release

And you have cross reference for other addons phrases I guess. So it is not shown properly or not accurate.
View attachment 13345
View attachment 13348
These are phrased when possible.

These are referencing raw content types which may be owned by other addons. XenForo expects phrases to exist which then match a specific pattern when rendering the single or multiple version of the content type's name. My add-on can't supply as phase for these when they don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back