Bug in 1.3.6 regarding upgrade URL

Super120

Reactions
Hi,

I'm using latest XF1 with PHP 7.2.0 and Expiring User Upgrades 1.3.6

At admin.php?options/list/exup, it is set to "Default URL (https://www.example.com/myaccount/memberships)"

Yes, I'm using route filters to change account/upgrades to myaccount/memberships (your add-on properly recognizes the route filters, I don't believe this is the problem, however I'm mentioning it just in case).

Once someone buys an account upgrade and the payment gets processed by Paypal, they get the following alert:

{username}, thank you for purchasing the account upgrade named <i><b>{upgrade_title}</b></i>.<br />We hope you will take advantage of and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer.<br />You may view your account upgrades <a href="{upgrade_url}" class="PopupItemLink">here</a>.

The problem is that when the member clicks on "here", he is being redirected to:

Code:
https://www.example.com/%7Bupgrade_url%7D

In other words, it seems that you aren't properly passing the value set in your add-on options to the link inside the alert. I have tried by pasting the URL inside the "Custom URL" option and after saving the changes the results are the same (wrong link as explained above).

Thanks,
Super120

Last edited:
exup_alert_purchased_user_upgrade

Master value:

{username}, thank you for purchasing the account upgrade named <i><b>{upgrade_title}</b></i>.<br />We hope you will take advantage of and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer.<br />You may view your account upgrades <a href="{upgrade_url}" class="PopupItemLink">here</a>.

Translation to Spanish:

{username}, gracias por comprar <b>{upgrade_title}</b>.<br />Todo está bien.<br />La información está <a href="{upgrade_url}" class="PopupItemLink">aquí</a>.

Member is getting the alert in his language (Spanish) as expected. Also, {upgrade_title} is being replaced with the name of the upgrade, which is expected. The problem seems to be specific to {upgrade_url}

Thanks,
Super120

It looks like the URL is burned into the alert, so old alerts will continue to be broken.

I need to investigate why it isn't being populated correctly in the first place, and plan to change how that value is generated.

I believe that not only old alerts but all current alerts seem to be pointing to the wrong URL.

I found a couple of missed argument names in the alert templates that needed updating. Fixed in 1.3.7

This fix will retroactively apply to any existing alerts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back