Load Issues with Conversation Essentials 1.11.3

PlayerUp

Reactions
I have some major issues with this mod. They started when I upgraded to 1.11.3 which isn't very stable on the 1.3+ version of xF I am using.

1). Is there a way to downgrade without losing the settings
2). How can I gain access to the plugins I previously had. I purchased this back in March an extension?

At this time I have to disable this mod to load conversations. The previous mod I was using before upgrade was 1.9. If I I could downgrade while keeping the old settings that would be preferred.

I need to urgently get this mod up and running again. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I would be more than happy to pay to get this fixed asap.

Please register your licence so I can provide more in-depth support. The claim process is quite straight forward.

When I took over this add-on, I was only given the 1.11.3 sourcecode. I've gotten some of the older version since then, but haven't gotten all of them.

Can you provide stack traces and the error messages?

• How do I register my license?
  • 1.9+ was the version I was using previously worked great
  • No specific errors are displaying. There maybe deadlocks but I would have to sort through the query logs. We have slow queries now logged though so it's defintely likely going to be found in there.
  • I'm not advanced on DB knowledge so I'll need info on what you need with stack traces

The XenForo error log page should contain sufficient information to indicate something is wrong

This appears to be caused by MySQL crashing. This is very unusual and is very unlikely that it is my add-on directly ultimately at fault.

Please check for table corruption, or filesystem corruption. As either will render your site bizarrely unstable.

We do have developers @Forumcube optimizing the database over the past week. They didn't report any issues with table corruption.

We have slow queries those are locking up database and MySQL server is responding quite slow. We're already working to resolve those issues. That is the issue with our current db. However this is the only mod we have so far that is crashing sql which is why I wanted to address this.

I couldn't even finish installing it. I decided to wait and we'll finish the installation during less busy hours.

Okay the mod installed.

Good news is all the settings were saved.
Bad news is the load problems are still there BUT it's improved a bit.

We have some issues with our databases clearly and need some help there fixing slow queries.

I strongly recommend using SSDs with your database, and ensuring you have sufficent memory. You may wish a more up-to-date version of MySQL/MariaDB too.

MattW on xenforo.com does reasonably website/database tuning, but there isn't much I can do if the hardware is unreliable.

If there are particular queries which are slow (basically if they have a "convess" related table in them), I can assist in debugging them.

Redis Cache and Redis View counters may help too. But this requires switching from Memcache to Redis .

Otherwise I'm out of suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back