possible conflict with other addons

moshbit

Reactions
hey there, i noticed that bassman's [cXF] Conversation Button and snog's Country Flags by IP Address addons stop appearing when the content ratings addon is active. at first i thought it was bassman's addon, so there's some details here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cxf-conversation-button.142803/#post-1317981

but i noticed that they only disappear when the content ratings addon is active (not vice versa), so i think it might be a conflict with this addon. what can i do to fix or help diagnose this issue?

@moshbit you'll need to see what template modifications are failing. Could be the execution order bits and Content Rating is zapping the resulting template.

Sadly XF2 no longer has the "show template modifications which apply to this template" link so inspecting what is happening to your theme is virtually impossible.

this is kind of new territory for me, but the only template i see errors on is the message_macros template. when i disable the message_macros template for the content ratings addon:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2019.01.30-09-27-15.png

the parts of the other addons that are missing come back:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2019.01.30-09-28-41.png

also, when i re-enable the message_macros template for content ratings, i get this error message:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2019.01.30-09-30-15.png

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2019.01.30-09-30-34.png

okay, even stranger... now that i've refreshed the template modifications page, the message_macros templates for content ratings are active, and no longer showing the red numbers (i.e. now showing green 1 / 0 / 0 like all the others).

also, the other addons are displaying normally now as well! so... uh... it fixed itself? :p

This is an execution order thing.

Can you report what values Conversation Button and snog's Country Flags by IP Address have for the message_macros templates ?

is it weird there's multiple message_macros templates per addon? im new to template modifications.

conversation button = execution order 10 for both of the 2 message_macros templates.
snog's flags = 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 for each of the 5 message_macros templates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back