Server error when using Read Conversations (Enhanced) - ThemesCorp.com

SeToY

Reactions
Hello there,

I'm using the following addon:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/read-conversations-enhanced-themescorp-com.4754/

Now when accessing the conversations, it returns a HTTP500 and the following error is logged:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to ThemesCorp_ReadConversations_ControllerPublic_Conversation::_getUserModel() must be protected (as in class ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation) or weaker -library\ThemesCorp\ReadConversations\ControllerPublic\Conversation.php:351
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago

Hi,

This is a compatibility issue with 'Read Conversations (Enhanced)' rather than Conversation Essentials. It has been reported to them in 2015, and they haven't fixed this frankly trivially error.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. What do I need to change then in order to get it fixed? I know you're not going to give me support for other developers' addons, but I saw your post at the official XenForo forums regarding this and it sounded like you already had a plan of what was going on and it'd be a small change :)

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your response. What do I need to change then in order to get it fixed? I know you're not going to give me support for other developers' addons, but I saw your post at the official XenForo forums regarding this and it sounded like you already had a plan of what was going on and it'd be a small change :)

Thanks!
In library/ThemesCorp/ReadConversations/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php look for:
Code:
function _getUserModel()
or
Code:
private function _getUserModel()

Replace with:
Code:
protected function _getUserModel()

Simple fix :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back