Switching domain

livelyheron

Reactions
I am currently working on a site that is hosted on a Xenforo cloud community.forum basis, but we intend to move to our own already purchased domain name once we are ready to go public.

I just bought the Multi Prefix add-on which will be very useful for us, but I noticed you have to set it to be licensed to a specific site, and there isn't necessarily guaranteed permission to do so.

Will it be possible for us to use this add-on on our current domain during development, and then transfer its use to the new domain once we are ready without re-purchasing? At this point we would of course remove it from the community.forum domain which would no longer exist, so we would never be using it on multiple sites simultaneously.

Apologies if I have missed a very obvious explanation of this.

You can edit the domain that each licence is linked to. This page; https://atelieraphelion.com/products/licenses/ lists each licence, and gives you the option to edit/renew/etc.

It was largely copying the XenForo terms & conditions around licence usage (for example unlimited test domains provided they are not generally avaliable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back