Upgrades hanging

dethfire

Reactions
both ElasticSearch Essentials 3.1.5 and Signup abuse detection and blocking 1.3.0 just hang when trying to upgrade.

ElasticSearch Essentials 3.1.5 => 3.1.6 and Signup abuse detection and blocking 1.3.0 => 1.3.1 don't actually do anything in the installer. It is purely importing phrases & templates.

I've noticed that XF's performance utterly tanks during add-on upgrades, it appears related to an XF bug w.r.t to causing css timestamps to be updated too often.

Signup abuse detection and blocking 1.3.1 was the problem. It broke the editor and drop downs didn't work. I had to upload 1.2.6 and now it works again

In the future edit src/config.php and set $config['enableListeners'] = false;

This will disable all add-ons and let you access the admincp, but that isn't going to help if your site is being overloaded due to CSS/LESS causing more load than expected.

You can also try disabling "Disable individual css cache" from my Redis Cache add-on and see if that helps.

Happened again with report upgrade, hanged on report linking and so I canceled and then it broke all drop downs and the editor

You can also try disabling "Disable individual css cache" from my Redis Cache add-on and see if that helps.
This option does not exist

Untitled-1.png

Disabling add-ons via the database doesn't work properly, you need to set $config['enableListeners'] = false; and then disable it in the admincp or via the CLI php cmd.php xf-addon:disable command.

I'ld recommend disable them via the admincp, then enable them to allow templates to be rebuilt

I'ld recommend disable them via the admincp, then enable them to allow templates to be rebuilt
You need drop downs to work :)

Uploading a previous version seems to work sometimes, but still causes issues obviously, but at least the site is working again, but a few addons now have mismatched versions.

dang this all happened again after upgrading a non xon addon, no editor or drop downs unless I downgrade the addon. Something is seriously wrong with my site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back