Upgrades hanging

Set your site to maintenance mode, then from the CLI run a master data rebuild. Then upload add-ons and upgrade them.

That should help.

Yes, that command.

You'll also want todo php cmd.php xf-addon:rebuild on each add-on that you upgraded that didn't work as expected

It re-imports into the master style/language and triggers template rebuilds. You shouldn't be editing those as they get blown away whenever you update XF or add-ons.

The UI normally doesn't let you do that in a non-dev mode site

My guess is there may be a file ownership/permissions issue. You are likely running the CLI commands as root, but the webserver/php runs as another user.

My suggestion is;
  • Disable the site in your web server software (ie nginx/apache) so it serves a static page (ie an index.html page saying fixing in progress)
  • Re-reun master rebuild.
  • Ensure file ownership of all XF files is the php user (if using php-fpm) or the apache user (is using apache)
  • Edit src/config.php to have the stanza at the end;
    PHP:
    $config['drop_perms']['user'] = 'php-user';
    $config['drop_perms']['group'] = 'www-data';

if (is_callable('posix_getuid') && posix_getuid() == 0)
    {
        if (isset($config['drop_perms']['group']))
        {
           $name = $config['drop_perms']['group'];
           $groupinfo = posix_getgrnam($name);
           if (empty($groupinfo['gid']))
           {
               throw new \LogicException("Unknown group:".$name);
           }
           posix_setgid($groupinfo['gid']);
        }
        if (isset($config['drop_perms']['user']))
        {
           $name = $config['drop_perms']['user'];
           $userinfo = posix_getpwnam($name);
           if (empty($userinfo['uid']))
           {
               throw new \LogicException("Unknown user:".$name);
           }
           posix_setuid($userinfo['uid']);
        }
    }
  • Remove the static page and get the webserver working normally.

Change the $config['drop_perms']['user'] and $config['drop_perms']['group'] as required

Uploading the core XF again and half way through the editor and dropdowns worked again. I'll do the above if it hangs again, thanks!!

I'm getting these errors in browser console. Strange is that these files exist on the server. I uploaded them again with no avail.

In public forum area

core-compiled.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
notice.min.js?_v=9ec13564:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'newHandler' of undefined
at notice.min.js?_v=9ec13564:4
at notice.min.js?_v=9ec13564:9
(index):7864 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'extend' of undefined
at (index):7864

In admin

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
filter.min.js?_v=cabe9951:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'newHandler' of undefined
at filter.min.js?_v=cabe9951:4
at filter.min.js?_v=cabe9951:20
admin.min.js?_v=cabe9951:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'acpNav' of undefined
at admin.min.js?_v=cabe9951:4
at admin.min.js?_v=cabe9951:10

Last edited:
Rebuilding addons with no luck and getting these errors now

• Error: Call to a member function save() on null
  • src/addons/SV/RedisCache/XF/CssRenderer.php:243
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 3, 2019 at 2:07 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(255): SV\RedisCache\XF\CssRenderer->cacheTemplate('admin:stats.les...', '.listColumns.co...')
#1 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(116): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#2 src/XF/CssWriter.php(53): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#3 src/addons/SV/RedisCache/XF/CssWriter.php(23): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 0, 1, 'f27f0932ee93f2f...')
#4 css.php(30): SV\RedisCache\XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 0, 1, 'f27f0932ee93f2f...')
#5 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(226) "/css.php?css=admin%3Aaddon_list.less%2Cadmin%3Astats.less%2Cpublic%3Achartist.css%2Cpublic%3Asv_livecontent.less%2Cpublic%3Athxpress_xf.less%2Cpublic%3Aextra.less&s=0&l=1&d=1564859178&k=f27f0932ee93f2f4dde6889fd747781b003fd934"
["referrer"] => string(39) "https://www.physicsforums.com/admin.php"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["css"] => string(127) "admin:addon_list.less,admin:stats.less,public:chartist.css,public:sv_livecontent.less,public:thxpress_xf.less,public:extra.less"
["s"] => string(1) "0"
["l"] => string(1) "1"
["d"] => string(10) "1564859178"
["k"] => string(40) "f27f0932ee93f2f4dde6889fd747781b003fd934"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

well this is a fucking mystery. I uninstalled bitdefender and it all started working again. 10min later, it all happens again while I'm updating addons.

php cmd.php xf-addon:uninstall SV/SearchImprovements
This add-on cannot be uninstalled. This is likely because required files are missing.

I reloaded all the files and no luck

Sending those files from the server instead of CDN worked. CDN must be the issue. However the CDN can't reproduce my issues so... oh well, it's working :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back