Staff member
Reactions
By @Turbo

Floyd R Turbo said:
Hey @Daniel Hood any chance you can make this part of ME

Add option to e-mail staff/admin/mods upon any moderation action

Please? Pretty please????
Floyd R Turbo said:
What it says. I thought I was just missing this, but it's not in there at all.

I personally have days where I don't get much time to check on my forums. As a result I've ended up with things hung up on the mod queue for days when I could have approved them immediately had I received an e-mail about it.

Like this post if you want it!

@Turbo there is already an add-on which looks to be doing this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/moderation-queue-and-reported-items-admin-notification.5046/

So this will be a fairly low priority especially as I need todo bugfixes & add-on updates

@Turbo there is already an add-on which looks to be doing this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/moderation-queue-and-reported-items-admin-notification.5046/

So this will be a fairly low priority especially as I need todo bugfixes & add-on updates
I guess the reason I wanted to see it as a part of ME is that it would make the addon that much more complete vs having to purchase another addon that may or may not be maintained. Even though this addon has been passed on twice, it's surviving because it's useful and feature rich. Plus now that you have it I want you to be able to profit from it.

Another one to suggest to this email notification is server error logs notification. These can often go missed as well and it would be really nice if when a server error log entry was thrown, someone was alerted. That's another SMH thing, that kind of thing I would expect to be in the core, I want to know when my site is broken. I once went a couple of days with an error that was preventing registration and throwing server logs errors, but sometimes I don't have time to check on these for a few days.....

I can definitely understand that. The biggest problem with email notifications it they quickly become hard to handle. For example when an errors occur on my busy sites, you get a couple hundred near identical errors in less than 10 minutes.

I have to deal with that sort of mess at work with literally hundreds of status notification emails per day. AND IT SUCKS.

There is no nice solution besides "don't use email", and people don't like that once they are used to receiving email notifications and will then expect a "solution" to this malfeature.

In some cases it is useful, but it rapidly becomes difficult to support.

Hmmm, so maybe make it like the default XF thread reply notification - you get one message and it says "there may be more server log errors but this is the only notification you will receive until you visit the Server Error Logs in the ACP" not sure if that would work either, but it would allow the alert to get sent without bombarding the inbox (good point).

For me, I rarely get server errors, which I kind of found surprising in one way considering the # of addons I run. So when they happen I like to know about them.

Hmmm, so maybe make it like the default XF thread reply notification - you get one message and it says "there may be more server log errors but this is the only notification you will receive until you visit the Server Error Logs in the ACP" not sure if that would work either, but it would allow the alert to get sent without bombarding the inbox (good point).
This would be doable, but would need to be carefully done so the error reporting doesn't error and then try to report it's own errors forever.

For me, I rarely get server errors, which I kind of found surprising in one way considering the # of addons I run. So when they happen I like to know about them.
I've got ~90 add-on installed on one of my sites. It also rarely gets errors :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back